So... eight things about me that most of you would probably never suspect.
1) The first vote I ever cast was for a Republican, New Jersey's distinguished senior senator and favorite son, Clifford B. Case.
2) I had a crew cut all through junior high, high school, and most of college.
3) My favorite guilty pleasure movie is SUMMER LOVERS. I want to go to the island of Santorini and have a menage a trois with Darryl Hannah and Valerie Quinessen.
4) When I was in my twenties people used to tell me I looked like Kris Kristofferson. Now they tell me I look like Jerry Garcia. And he's dead. I don't like this trend.
5) I like writing when it's going well, but I LOVE having written.
6) My favorite song is Kris Kristofferson's "The Pilgrim, Chapter 33." (See him busted on the sidewalk in his jacket and his jeans, wearing yesterday's misfortunes like a smile). I am also very fond of "Me and Bobby McGee" and "To Beat the Devil" and "Silver" and a lot of Kris's other songs. Maybe that's why I was pleased when people said I looked like him.
7) I have never been defeated at RISK when I have the red army. Never. And I started playing RISK in grade school. Foemen tremble when I rattle my dice. Except when they make me play green or black or some other color. Then I am merely mortal.
8) Windows sucks. I use it, under protest, for the internet, but all my fiction is written on a DOS machine, using WordStar 4.0. I'm a word guy. When I want to copy something, I like to type "copy." When I want to delete it, I like to type "delete." I don't like puzzling out these stupid little cartoons they call icons, or dragging them around with a mouse. The day WordStar 4.0 stops working is the day I retire.
So there you have it. My revelations.
And now, if I understand the rules of this "game of eight" correctly, I must tag someone else, just as Melinda tagged me. Let me look around. Hmmmmm, who... ah...
STEVE LEIGH! You're tagged!